Sunday, May 26, 2019

Happy little seedlings

Planting day



This is how things began. I gathered what containers I had handy (plants aren't picky, right?). I found all the seeds I've collected over time that I kept telling myself I'd plant a garden at some point. The kids helped me sow them into the various pots and we waited. My kids have no patience when it comes to much of anything, go figure. Iceberg lettuce, buttercrunch, bunch onions, strawberries, zucchini, peppers, and roma tomatoes. My green goddess friend brought me a  starts for grape tomatoes, Chinese cucumbers, and a few others.






  













































   We determined that my front yard might be best suited for growing, I'm just not sure how I'm going to go about it yet. It already has wild strawberries, mockberries, plantain, and other native species. The yard isn't treated with any chemicals, which means I don't have to worry about any of that being an issue. There is the question of ants, chipmunks, and squirrels so I'm doing research into natural forms of deterrents to assure that my harvest isn't eaten by wildlife. The predatory birds in my area will be a great ally for such.     












































One week later

No comments:

Post a Comment